How to wear a kilt in the right way?DUBIN
A kilt is a traditional garment that is worn by people. This pleated garment originated in Northern Scotland and then it became popular throughout the world. The tartan pattern of this pleated garment gained immense popularity as it represented a particular clan but now wearing kilt has become fashion trend and people wear this garment on various events such as on weddings, family get-together, friends’ barbecue and on other occasions as well. If you have a family wedding this summer then the convenient attire can be a traditional kilt that will make you stand out in the crowd. Most of the people are not similar to the right way of wearing so in this article I will discuss in detail how to wear a kilt.
How to Wear a Kilt :
- First of all, you have to wrap this pleated garment around your body to the back. It has to be set according to your natural waist hanging around your knee. Now take the right arm to wrap it around the front part. The edges should meet with each other well.
- Buckle the aprons to fasten your kilt. In most of the kilts, you might have seen leather strap along the right apron that is known as the under apron.
- Make sure you pull the straps in the comfortable position so that only your thumbs should get into the waistband. The buckle should be fastened like a belt. Most of the kilts come with two straps and if your kilt has a third strap then you have to fasten it as well across your stomach to give it the right fit.
- There comes the adjustment of the kilt. If your kilt is buckled in the right way then its fringed edge will be along the right side and it has to be centered on your body.
- If your kilt has a pivot point in the tartan then the tartan pattern will be the center point. Make the necessary adjustments to make yourself comfortable.
- After that, the colored ribbons called the flashes should match according to the kilt by pulling the kilt hose over the knees. The garter and the flashes have to be fastened below the knee.
- Now it is the time to put on the brogues. There are two common ways to tie them so make sure you select the one that suits you well. One way is the high-front tie method and the other is the low-tie method.
- The sporran needs to be attached at this point. Use the loops to fasten the sporran strap. Sporran has to be centered in such a way that it hangs around 1 hand width downwards the waist belt.
- To make your kilt more stylish and appealing, you need to attach the kilt pin. Now pin your kilt only through the front apron. The weight of the kilt pin prevents the kilt from fluttering.
- Now the kilt is well set so put your jacket and vest on. Waistcoat is not mandatory for casual wearing.
- The final part is to put on your traditional dagger in the right sock when you are right handed otherwise place it in the left sock.